I attended my first and only GTB MasterClass in 2018 and it’s one experience I totally enjoyed.
The class I attended was taught by America’s Next Top Model’s Jay Manuel; A Producer, Creative Director, TV host, Renown Makeup Artist, Author and Fashion Icon.
The dapper looking Jay Manuel gave the most compelling and educative lecture ever. I was extremely thrilled by his eloquence and amazing delivery.
I took some notes which I recently found and I thought to share.
Please see below some interesting and enlightening quotes he shared.
- Trends eradicate personal style so
- Constantly seeking Validation eradicates your sense of self.
- Logic will take you from point A to B, but imagination can take you everywhere.
- Research, Study, Visualise and Prepare.
- Always give your attention to the task at hand and don’t make the present moment a means to an end.
- Don’t let your mind act as an attorney for your ego.
- “Glamour is more than what you put on your body.” Tom Ford
- Luck is simply preparedness meats opportunity.
- Everything you can imagine is real; so life unfold at your pace.
- Self source your success so you can get to experience ‘You’.
Jay Manuel also shared and explained The 4 agreements by Ruiz which he lives by.
- Be impeccable with your words
- Don’t take everything personal
- Don’t make assumptions
- Always do your best
Finally, when asked what the successful people he had worked with had in common, he said:
“Their dream for success surpasses their fear of failure”.
Which of these nuggets resonates with you?